Kayaking is one of the best ways of recreation. Nowadays kayak paddling has become a matter of refreshment, competitive sports, and a better way of touring. But there’s been a common question as “Is Kayaking Hard”. For beginners, it’s a matter if it is hard or difficult to begin?
The simple answer is NO. Kayaking is not that hard to begin. The few misconceptions about kayaking are the reason for these confusions.
Kayaking is not difficult to learn for beginners. By knowing the instructions and guidelines anyone can paddle the watercraft “kayak”. Beginners should practice by following the guidelines.
Kayaking is safe and easy to begin. For making kayaking easy and safe, follow the instructions. But overall kayaking is easy to paddle.
By following the instructions paddling kayaks would be easier for beginners. In the guide, we have pointed tips and methods that will make kayaking easier for beginners. The guide on “is kayaking hard” is prepared for beginners to accelerate their paddling.
The simple answer is no. Kayaking is not that dangerous. But there are factors that can panic us. For a better kayaking go through the guide first.
The 17 Booster Facts To Overcome Kayaking
Kayaking is one of the most adventurous activities in the water. The narrow watercraft “kayak” has become a popular way of recreation. The “Low-To-Water” boat has various paddling methods and techniques. Among these all methods, steering kayak is not hard. Anyone can begin with kayaks in few steps.
In fact, kayak paddling is more enjoyable. The activity is a great way of entertainment. Fishing, touring, camping, becomes more enhancing by paddling a kayak.
But when it comes to the hardness, we have various perspectives flying in our minds. Let’s see what can make kayaking harder? And the best 17 booster ways to handle when kayaking becomes hard. . .
- Muscles and arms put pressure on kayaking: Kayaking is generally hard if the boat needs to move forward because the arm and shoulder need to put much strength for this. But if we go for kayaking on flat water, the kayak experiences will be less difficult. The current from +the opposite side is also making the kayaking difficult. But frequent breaks help to enjoy the moment and scenery and pacing helps to prevent the fatigues of muscles during kayaking.
- Difficulty in sport kayaking: Sporting with kayaks is a little more difficult for beginners than other kayak activities. But kayaking is not so difficult if you are planning the beginning trip in calm waters in a slow mode with fresh air and taking long breathe with listening bird’s song. But if you are going for high speed, zero or high temperature, over the rocks or tricky environment, then paddling will seem to you more challenging than ever.
- Hardness in level wise kayaking: 5th graded kayaking is harder and risky and also rapid. But do not get afraid of this, because just go appropriately.
- Kayaking may hard in absence of kayaking: Due to less PFD and forgot to use a life jacket may create the paddling little harder for you. So do not forget to use this simple preventive step.
- Sun exposure can make difficulty in kayaking: Sun exposure is another reason for which the experience becomes hard. Because some people get tired and quit paddling for this and it becomes a risky situation also. Sunburn, heat stroke, dehydration, exhaustion can cause a long way of kayaking harder.
- Getting dehydrated: As kayaking needs more energy, so it is a very common phenomenon that the paddlers may attack with dehydration due to the need for proper water in the body function. When you forgot to keep a water bottle with you, it will become a harder situation for you including confusion, dizziness, fatigue, and thirstiness.
- Lightning and thunderstorm: Lightening, storm, or the severe weather is two common problems for paddling. And this can make your kayak paddling hard. If it is a little rain, it might not hamper an enjoyable paddling environment. But if the weather is getting bad and starts thunder or storms, then it will be risky. In that situation, it will be wiser to get off from the kayak and stay in a safe place on land.
- Cold shock of cold water phobia: Cold shock can make your kayak paddling harder if you have cold water phobia or the temperature of the water is above your control. Cold shock may suddenly attack your body with low blood pressure, confusion, and other mental problems. It also sometimes creates a dangerous environments and threats to you in fact when you come out of water.
- Hypothermia: Hypothermia is another difficulty for steering kayaks which can also make your kayaking hard. Hypothermia is caused by when you are being exposed or remain in cold temperature in water for a long period of time. It also happens when the weather or air is cold but you are paddling with the improper dress.
- Getting hard for sweepers: Sweepers are also a reason which makes your kayaking hard. Sweepers’ means fallen the trees on the riverbank. It creates obstacles which are dangerous for the paddlers.
- Lack of rescue technique: If you do not know the rescue technique properly, you feel scared. And the paddling trip may become harder for you.
- Have you ever feel the washroom problem in kayaking? : Those people who have to go for kayaking for a long time might be experienced in the washroom problem and it has created the steering hard. It is really very troublesome and absurd especially for female kayakers and in that situation you may not find a possible place or solution.
- Low visibility of kayaking may create difficulty in paddling on big lakes or oceans: Kayaks are very small boats. If you go for kayaking on a small river or pond, then it will not so hard for you. But when you go on a big river, sea or lake, and then it will create some big issues for you. Because a small kayak has very low visibility. So the big ships, jet skis can push a kayak and it will be crushed. So it is risky.
- Never being an inexperienced kayaker: Though paddling a kayak is very enjoyable and easy one more important matter is that kayaking is also difficult for you if you are an inexperienced kayaker. Because you could not take preparation on the proper condition, lack of skills makes you hesitate on rough conditions and strong waves. So it will be hard for you to overcome the situations.
- Is tandem paddling hard? : Straight paddling is hard in a tandem kayak than a single kayak. So if you are not experienced with tandem kayak, but still want to enjoy the strokes with your partner, then first learn it carefully and then go.
- Perceived dangers of kayaking: One important thing for feared people or those who are hesitated to go for kayaking, that they should consult with local training agencies, state parks or experienced kayakers for any instructions or willing to know any question about the hardness. Because there also remain some misconceptions about the safety issues of kayaking. Some paddlers are too much feared or freak about the perceived dangers of kayaking but those are not actually real.
- Misconceptions can create kayaking harder: The local sporting goods stores can help you to answer the proper questions about safety materials, hit or cold-proof things, and how to keep calm and quit in any anxiety. You also need to clarify about the fake or perceived and so-called misconceptions or risks of kayaking and whether the kayaking is hard or not.
There are still some arguments on “is kayaking hard or not”. But we love paddling kayaks a lot to master the adventure. But we all should focus on the safeties for enjoying with kayak in a better way.
Is Kayaking Hard To Learn For Beginners?
Kayaking is all about equalization. Various elements can add to or take from the equalization. Furthermore, we can control these variables to make the experience as lovely for you as could reasonably be expected. First of all, it is critical to figure out where to kayak.
The first time of the paddling will be more enjoyable if we choose still water. Still, water paddling indicates “The Lake Kayaking”. It is far better than the ocean for beginners. Because paddling the ocean or sea has various factors. And sometimes the sea becomes rough. That’s why paddlers need some experience for the sea.
It is ideal that you bring along some experienced friends or guides and make a day out of the experience. If you’re looking for some alone time, it has to come later when you know how to kayak.
The difficulties of kayak paddling depend on which type of kayak activities you are actually doing. If you are using some unusual boats for the paddling, follow some difficult paddling styles which may not suitable for you, on that situation, then kayak paddling may seem to you hard at that time.
If you do not hold the safety equipment with you, then the paddling will also become hard for you. At the same time, flat-water, choppy water, rapid water, deep water, or shallow water may also create hard situations for kayak activities. Some people may say that the whitewater kayaking is a marathon type paddling. So it will not be so difficult.
If you think about the hardness of ocean kayak paddling, it needs the paddlers more than a hundred miles to go for the trip.
If we talk about surfing the kayak, the high speed and getting splashed during the surfing will become scaring for you.
Fishing with kayaks is also hard because of the flexibility, enough space in kayaks or long distance paddling.
Make Kayaking Safe and Easy: The 15 Tips
Kayaking is not really hard if you feel that you are enjoying the feeling of floating on the few inches above the water with your kayak for several hours.
Here are some tips for making kayaking safe and easy:
- Always wear sunscreen and keep sunscreen materials with you. This will protect you from excessive heat and sunstrokes.
- Keep enough water, juice, and food with you. Do not avoid drinking water if you are not thirsty. It will boost your energy level.
- Do not paddling haphazardly if you see lightning or high wind. Keep yourself calm and quiet. Go quickly on dry land with your possible effort.
- Keep yourself covered with warm clothes when you are going on cold waters for paddling and of course be sure about it. Wetsuits and drysuits may keep you safe. So dressed properly.
- You can also keep someone with you to reduce panic or hard situations and hypothermia and cold shocks.
- If found any obstacles like the strainers or the sweepers on the river, paddle fast and avoid it at any cost. But do not try to paddle over a strainer because it will not be safe especially when you are alone.
- Keep under the guideline of a trainer and learn as much as possible you can before you are going for the adventure. Make sure that your trainer gives you proper instructions about safety and rescue methods with real applications.
- Do not go for kayak paddling when it is dim or foggy. Because it may cause to clash with big ships or boats with your kayaks. Wear a bright color dresses during kayaking so that you can remain distinct and minimize the risks. Maintain distances or stay out from main and big boats.
- If you are not so experienced and still unaware of your skill level, then you should learn the lessons from the preliminary levels from the kayaking learning centers.
- Keep simple storage access with your kayak for the challenges and necessities.
- Keep extra cloth with you. It will take your kayaking to the next level.
- It will be good for you if you learn the forward stroke at first.
- If you carry the kayak any time anywhere, you can choose then inflatable or folding kayak for easy movement.
- If you cannot handle the large body kayak and only go for the short day trips, then the short or low storage kayak will be suitable for you to exclude any hard conditions.
There is still not a sport, which has not involvement with risks, hard moments or difficulties. But the sport lovers face it and keep move on. So if you are really a kayaking lover, then you also should know the hard situations of kayaking with how to overcome this and stay away from these.
Moreover, there are complete guidelines for making kayaking easy. It would be helpful for having the adventurous in the safe and easiest way.
Is Kayaking Dangerous: A Simple Brief
The answer can be as simple as how dangerous walking is. Kayaking would be so enjoyable if you are adventure oriented. It would be easier as soon as you take the adventure.
For the question, first of all we have to know the factors of danger. It’s all about “how and where “we paddle. And the truth is we have to admit it and beware of the dangers.
“Storm and Lighten” are the main dangerous facts. For beginners, it can be difficult to cope up. But there are solutions that will provide advantages for handling these situations.
“Understanding The Water” is a really big point. It will take time for knowing and understanding the water. But is really quite easy. Focus on what you are doing and how it’s working.
Swimming is an important factor in kayak paddling. For mastering the water swimming is mandatorily needed as we need shoes for walking. But PFD has no alternatives. If you know swimming or not wearing PFD is a “must-have stuff”.
There’s a compilation of ultimate kayaking facts. The listed facts will be brainstorming for having the adventure in a better way.
The thing is, kayaking is one of the coolest way of adventure. First time paddlers have to spent time for understanding the things better.
The most important matter is that, paddling a kayak will not remain hard for you if you exercise it wisely. But you do not need too much advance skill or training for it. If you take proper precautions and keep yourself smart with paddling, then the kayaks will give you an immense pleasure without any difficulty. Clarify the proper information, precautionary and materials before going for kayaking.
Have fun and be safe with having this lovely sport Paddling!